12/13/2012 4:35 PM
For Immediate Release
For more information, contact:
Founder and Chairman
SMB Nation Announces Themes, Programming for 2013 Spring Conference
SMB community will host its annual spring event Feb. 23-25, 2013, at Microsoft’s Redmond, WA, Campus.
Bainbridge Island, WA – December 12, 2012 – SMB Nation announced today that its 7th Annual Spring Conference will be held early next year from February 23-25, 2013, at Microsoft’s Campus in Redmond, WA. The theme of this year’s event is “V3,” meaning all courses are designed to help attendees to keep ahead of the game when it comes to the latest shift to virtualization. The emphasis on “V3” is virtual desktop/VDI, virtual server and value tracks.
In addition, SMB Nation, along with SMB Technology Network (SMBTN), announced that the 3rd annual SMB 150 contest awards ceremony will be held February 24, in the early evening, at the mid-point of the V3 show. The SMB 150 is a hybrid voting contest where nominated small and medium business (SMB) candidates seek the public recognition of professional peers, customers and like-minded SMB influencers for their accomplishments and achievements. SMB 150 Nominations are being accepted until December 15, and voting will commence December 17 through January 17.
In true SMB Nation fashion, this year’s spring conference will provide attendees with the opportunity of focusing on one of three content tracks—the "Geek Speak,” Business or Community tracks. The “V3” focus stands for the following content components:
- Virtual Desktop/VDI: Master the engineering side of implementing virtual desktop solutions from Microsoft, Citrix and other key vendors. All in one intensive weekend!
- Virtualization: Discover server-side virtualization best practices direct from expert MVPs.
- Value: Attend the respected Pocket MBA business content lectures on how to make money as a virtualization expert, a “Cloudie” and MSP. True ROI ahead!
The Geek Speak track contains highly technical content with a focus on VDI, RFX, Citrix and Windows Server 2012. Sessions take a variety of formats, including traditional presentations, expert panels and free-form technical discussion forums that bring together attendees, subject matter experts and thought leaders. Specific session topics will delve into server virtualization, private cloud capabilities, core virtualization platforms and Citrix Receiver secrets.
The conference's Business Track focuses primarily on sales, marketing and business opportunities in the SMB IT sector. Session titles include: Understanding How to Build a Cloud/Mobility Practice; Putting into Play and Driving Revenues; Creating a Leveraged Marketing Program to Drive Results; and Pocket MBA Business Panel—Improv Style!
The Community Sponsor Track is geared toward channel members who want to network with their colleagues, vendors, sponsors and distributors to understand recent developments in the SMB technology channel. In fact, this track features a number of SMB Nation community sponsors who will make educational presentations on such topics as business continuity, cloud storage and backup, virtualization and cyber security.
“There is one thing that everyone can agree on: technology is changing. Not one conversation I have had in the past several months has centered on the static nature of technology and more of the same. Rather – everyone accepts that there is much change in technology right here, right now; be it mobility, hybrid, cloud or virtualization,” said Harry Brelsford, Founder and Chairman, SMB Nation. “While strong opinions exist regarding cloud computing on both sides of the aisle, I’m seeing far less resistance to virtualization. It’s a slam-dunk solution that comes in enough difference formats to please everyone.”
The SMB Nation Spring Conference has already gained support from an enthusiastic and well-known sponsor community, which thus far includes: D&H Distributing, Highly Reliable, and PC Pitstop.
- Attendees: 200+ SMB channel partners, consultants, techs, geeks, MVPs and resellers.
- Sessions: Over 20+ technical and business content sessions.
- Sponsors: Over 20+ SMB technology sponsors/vendors.
- Conference: February 23-25, 2013
- Pre-Day: February 22, 2013
- SMB 150 Awards Ceremony: February 24, 2013
- Post-Day: February 26, 2013 BIKE RIDE!
- Location: Microsoft Convention Center, Redmond, WA
- Pricing (In-person):
- Alumni $495 (expires January 10, 2013)
- Early Bird $595 (expires January 10, 2013)
- Full Price $999 (January 11 – February 23, 2013)
- Pricing: (Streaming Broadcast):
- Early Bird: $199.00 (expires January 10, 2013)
- Standard Price: $299.00 (January 11 – February 23, 2013)
- Sign-up: http://spring.smbnation.com
- More information: 1-888-SMBNAT1
About SMB Nation
SMB Nation is a media integration and events community, targeted at the small and medium business (SMB) channel partner/reseller/consulting/VAR community. SMB Nation spreads the knowledge of SMB technology trends through its conferences, books, print magazine, online services, and worldwide seminars, workshops and accredited Pocket MBA certificate (an academic partnership with Aspen University). As an active participant in the technology community, SMB Nation has a long history of enthusiastic advocacy and evangelism. The SMB Nation tribe exceeds 54,000 followers worldwide. For more information, visit www.SMBNation.com, www.CloudNation.co and www.Telephonation.com. Follow us on Twitter @SMBNation, and join our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/SMBNation.